Getting Preventative Pet Care in Humble, TX
One of the best ways to ensure your pet stays healthy is preventative care. Preventative (or wellness) care is a holistic and proactive approach to a pet’s health that takes into account the pet’s age, size, gender, breed, lifestyle, behavior, diet, and medical history to come up with a comprehensive and thorough plan to ensure your pet’s long-term wellbeing. By engaging in wellness care you increase the chances that your pet lives a long, happy, and healthy life.
A wellness checkup generally consists of the following:
- Diagnostic testing which includes fecal exams, heartworm testing, and more
- Parasite control where the vet will test for heartworm, external parasites, and internal parasites
- Vaccination updates, including rabies, bordetella, canine distemper, and parvovirus vaccines
- Reproductive health, including spay and neuter
- Discussion about the pet’s overall behavior, diet, and demeanor
- Adjustments to any nutritional needs, exercise, and other lifestyle changes
- Plans for follow-up visits
- Physical examination of your pet and any other items recommended by your veterinarian
Preventative care allows the vet to view your pet’s health with a 360 degree view. This can be critical since some illnesses and infections can lead to bodily damage in other areas, such as recent findings that gum disease can lead to heart disease!
Get High-Quality Preventative and Wellness Care at Eastex Veterinary Clinic
Eastex Veterinary Clinic in the Humble, Kingwood, and Atascocita areas is the perfect place for your pet’s wellness care. During your pet’s wellness care visit, we can detect subtle signs of illness and safeguard your pet against a wide range of diseases. If your canine companion or feline friend is due for wellness care, let the compassionate team right here at Eastex Veterinary Clinic help. Contact us to schedule an appointment!